I was going through my old notes as I’m cleaning our my closet. I came across the following notes, that I like a lot, on how to write a professional email.
- Use email macros to both improve your efficiency in replying to email, and to improve quality.
- End each sentence with the correct punctuation.
- Write short sentences.
- Each sentence should discuss only one topic.
- Use bulleted lists to simplify that information you are trying to convey.
- Bulleted lists are easy to read.
- Each point is separated from other points.
- Lists help to organize thoughts.
- Use the following correctly:
- Do not use SMS fake words – ur, dk, lol, how ru, etc.
- Make the Subject descriptive.
- Limit the email to the subject matter described in the Subject.
- Attach files before writing the email. No body likes a forgotten attachments.
There are more, but I would put these as my top 10 list.